Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa Stir Fry

A delicious and super fast stir fry for Sunday between church. Having some frozen peppers and onions in the freezer, plus leftover rice in the fridge was handy. Took just ten minutes to make. The only prep was chopping the sausage.

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa

To make, you'll just need some delicious kielbasa (smoked Polish sausage), sweet and sour sauce, canned pineapple in juice (optional), peppers and onions.

Cut the kielbasa into rounds.


Crisp them up in a little veg oil over medium high heat and set aside to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Munch on while doing the next step!

Add peppers and onions; fry to the texture you like. I personally like a little bite to my veggies but I think Stephen prefers them more soft. Typical!


Add some canned pineapple chunks sliced in half with a little of the juice, and then add your sauce. Mix together.

IMO the thing that MAKES this stir fry is the Hillshire Farm brand of sweet and sour sauce. It's usually sold in the mall near us this time every year but I've got it online when I've ran out. Of course, any sauce that you like can be used. The Hillshire Farm sauce is very thick and ends up being more like a glaze than a real saucy stir fry.


Serve with rice.

I don't know why i don't make this meal more often. Kielbasa is always on sale!

2 comments:

Tea said...

I've made something pretty close to this and my husband always likes it. I might have to try adding in the pineapple though... never thought of that. :)

Unknown said...

looks nice hun x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails